Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is related to hoarding and/or sharing certain content on a web server managed by a website hosting vendor. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a peek at them. Thus, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to establish a web portal, mail aliases, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service distributed by certain providers, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting packages are frequently supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely erroneous interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the tasks at hand between individual packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some distributors offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you desire to share a big number of pictures with friends or colleagues since the solution is usually free. You will get a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your e-mail accounts. Some firms offer web page hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to have an email address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have trouble with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to administer as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to keep a web site. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mail address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Lonex, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limits based on the form of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for specific content only.